PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft without a loss of oil pressure procedure
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 08:20
18-Wheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst the argument over semantics is perhaps more fun than rolling around in broken glass, the question I posed still remains - Simplistically, there is always a red light in the cockpit that tells you when the oil pressure in your engine is low. Pretty much every other red light on the annunciator panel has a checklist procedure for that red light, so why does a low oil pressure light not rate one from the different engine makers and/or aircraft makers?
It's been established that there is a very good chance that rather bad things will happen if you do nothing, so why is this important action not rated as important enough to even get a mention in the QRH's & so on?
As I've mentioned if I saw the oil pressure starting to fade I would without hesitation pull the S&F on a Garrett but I know of others that would dig around trying to find a solution in the QRH, only to dig themselves a deeper hole. There's large numbers of lesser failures that all get a mention, but not loss of oil.

Why?