PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot experience/passenger choice
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 19:57
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread falls so firmly in the 'dumbass sh1t' category that I'm really not sure that writing a sensible reply is a worthwhile use of my time.

So Jabiman, as this is all you're getting from me for now, could you please explain to me where future experienced airline pilots will come from if you do not also currently have less experienced airline pilots? How many flying hours were you born with?

Given that both the new airline pilot and the new brain surgeon have reached the requirements set by their regulatory bodies, what do you know that they don't?

Are the hours that I have logged hand-flying battlefield helicopters around Iraq, at low level, at night, on goggles, getting shot at, equally valuable to the hours that I now log at FL350, with the autopilot engaged, reading a newspaper and drinking a coffee? How do you propose to factor this in? Will the pilots' logbooks be downloadable from the airline booking pages?

If you are a regular air traveller you WILL have flown on flights where training is taking place, whether that be a flag-carrier or a loco, and you will have been none the wiser.