PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 19:16
bast0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear old Dalek!!

I like this chumley address!

The airmanship that I refer to is not breakfast/crew duty time/planning/radio calls and so on,and other irrelevant,to me, data.

What I stated many moons ago was what happened once they were airborne.

Simple things like starting a stopwatch on the dashboard as a "run in to coast warning" as a backup to the starwars nav system that I understand they were not too happy with. Gosh if I mention DR backup I will bring lots of modern aviators down on my back again, but I flew the Seaking 4 with Tans and always had a backup running in my mind and on my knee pad. Is that so wrong? It certainly stopped me running into the Caradon Hill mast.

Ploughing on - thumb in bum - in worsening weather/vis/snow/turbulence et all relying on the dodgy black boxes that the crew knew about does not seem to me to be a sensible course of action.

Approaching the coast, as I have stated before, is a high risk business if the weather is starting to turn against you, and that moment when it is turning to rat**** is so very difficult to judge.

I am sorry to admit that I always chickened out early, slowed down, descended, hover taxied et all until I could clearly see the beach/cliff/ship/what have you.

I am still here. Not because I am clever, but like all sensible aviators I am nervous.........................

PS why can we not have a spill and grimmer checker on this sight?

Last edited by bast0n; 2nd Dec 2010 at 19:17. Reason: Grimmer