PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which watch do you wear?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 19:11
otter712

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is your budget? What features do you want it to have? Do you want it to have a "second time zone" for GMT time? I use that function regular for filing flight plans and checking WX. Somehow I can't seem to keep track of the time difference, especially when just woken up. Lets face it, while flying you have the time available to you in the cockpit. While not flying, it probably is on your phone. When on the phone with flight service it always catches me off guard. So, do you want it to be functional in any other way then just time? A good watch to have: Omega seamaster GMT, Rolex submariner GMT. They are expensive. Good alternatives are: Steinhart GMT Ocean 1, Debauffre GMT Ocean 1, good quality and run about $600 and will last a long time and are almost equal quality as the 2 previous mentioned (gotta be careful here, lol). A little more pricy, around $1200, is the Milsub GMT (Dive). I believe swiss army has a similar version for $400 available. They are all classy designs, quality build and absolutely unneeded for a pilot, but hey, if you like watches, there is always an excuse to spend your money. I bought a Omega seamaster 50 year GMT and told my wife I needed it for work. She and as well the IRS believed it ! My god, I hope she never gets on here........Hope this helps.