PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - getting off a plane last minute
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 16:56
6chimes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't this a perfect example how the public perceive commercial aviation these days? I'm sure they don't really need to see just how much goes in to getting one plane in the sky. That's testament to the procedures evolved over many years and many crashes. However it does create a clash between those who are technically oblivious and those who have the knowledge. And of course we live in a society where regardless of merit opinion is considered more important than expert knowledge.

To use an analogy, airlines take great strides to look like the Swan moving gracefully on the surface whilst the feet are ..........

So the question maybe acceptable any adverse response thereafter is not.

I would say that amongst the rather negative posts the message you need to heed is that; your priorities may cause extreme upheaval to others and only the super rich can afford the luxury of buying their way out of being part of the general public. How would you feel if you found out that you delaying the flight caused another passenger on a mercy mission to a dying relative, missed the last goodbye?