PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 15:50
Hipennine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTV Reunion

Remember the days of the Midland 737's leased in with yankee flight crews who were sooooooo cool. Remembered flight deck announcements:

On departing MME circa 7am one sunday "Good morning aviation lovers - can't think of any other reason you'd be on a plane at this time on a Sunday"

On early approach to LHR "Well the worlds greatest ATC's have just given us landing clearance, that'll be 27 minutes take-off to land; woooo wooo what a record !"

On landing into a blizzard at MME, skittering all over, and stopping right at the end of the runway "Sheesh, sure looks pretty out there don't it, but I can assure you from up here it's a pain in the neck"

Also remember one dark evening with them running late out of LHR, when it seemed like a full cruise to overhead the airfield, followed by what could best be described as a spiral dive above Middleton to a near on-time arrival. Not very professional I know, but I was one of the few pax that enjoyed it. Service went back to Midland's own DC9's about a week later.