PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finnair A340 attempts takeoff from taxiway
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 15:24
Dengue_Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grimrad:

Don't bother, your post made perfect sense, but what you're up against in professional (and I mean 'paid') aviation are supreme egos, a lot of very precious people and levels of arrogance that need to be seen to be believed. Not all by any means, just some. Quite often, their peers don't seem overly surprised by who is involved.

It's probably not too different from your peer group after all, because it's populated by humans.

I'll doubtless be harangued for that too, but I really don't care. I think after 40 years in aviation, that I'm entitled to my opinion. This is a place where we're allowed to do that . . .

With the benefit of a little maturity I've found that I don't have the inclination to be particularly politically correct these days, so can afford to call it as I see it, based on my own experience and observations.

I still think there's no excuse (probably just the classic error chain of one flavour or another).

Last edited by Dengue_Dude; 2nd Dec 2010 at 17:16. Reason: Nearly made a mistake . . .