PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excess Aircrew
Thread: Excess Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 14:22
letsgoandfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe, as one of the ISK WSOps you mention, I, and many others, just want to get on with life - it's pretty soul-destroying to go in to work and not do much of anything as there is no plan yet.

Jobs have been trickling in but they are a drop in the ocean compared to what's needed. I have been trying for pretty much all of the any trade, anywhere jobs for my rank to no avail so far. We, well the vast majority of us, are professionals who just want to get on with our lives but cannot until the powers that be decide what the plan is.

I don't care if make me redundant or give me a job, I'd prefer to stay but I just want to be able to get on with my life. I can't apply for civilian jobs as I can't afford to PVR and don't know if I'm going to be made redundant but I can't sell my house as I could be made redundant and would therefore need somewhere to live. We are not special, just in a bit of an awkward situation at the moment and, until they let us in on the plan, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.