PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 09:24
Johnny_Chase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
revised_estimate clearly works for/owns PATS

1000 bucks to "learn" how to do an IQ test and mental D.R. is the biggest waste of money I've ever heard of. And mentioning grammar and punctuation when clearly you aren't too good at either was lol-worthy. But good luck to you! Obviously many suckers out there and you must be doing well.

Here's a tip: If you think your mental D.R. needs some improvement, then practise! When driving long-ish distances, calculate in your head speed/distance/time calculations; Practise some quick mental calculations e.g counting back from 200 in 7's; On Saturday night when withdrawing from the ATM, see how many $4.60 schooners you could buy for your $70.

There's probably 500 different I.Q. tests available online. Do a few and see how and why each correct answer is so. Learn to figure out the patterns.

YOU day testing is FREE and can be done again and again. Pilot Spec. testing is FREE and can be done again. Clearly some people have too much money for this PATS thing.

Once you've been recommended to FSP, spend your $1000 on some actual flying. This is the best way to get extra experience which will be more fun and invaluable come the OSB. They'll probably be more impressed by this than the attendance at a weekend pilot testing program for suckers.

edit: Just saw it was approx. $3000 for the weekend course
Any Venture Capitalists present wanting to help me set up a similar "school?"