PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 05:05
BbBb42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amman, Jordan applicants?

Hello,

There was recently an Assessment Day in Amman, Jordan. I know several people, all currently flying with another airline, who attended the information session/group interview on October 7, 2010.

Only about 20 applicants made the Final Interview, several Jordanians, Thais, Africans and I believe a local Spanish fellow.

The final interviews were held on two days, October 9-10 I believe. Out of the 8 people I know (or, know of to be more accurate), 7 of them got rejection emails after 23 days, November 2nd. One girls didn't hear anything from Emirates for what seemed like forever. They recruiters told all Final Interviewees that if they heard nothing from the recruitment team after 6 weeks to email them and inquire about their interview status. She emailed at exactly 6 weeks, November 21st. No reply.

Monday, November 29th, she came home from a flight and found a missed call, country code 971- on her mobile. She called back Wednesday morning, December 1st and an Emirates employee answered to her surprise and guarded excitement. She was transferred to another department after explaining her situation. She was forced to leave a message as nobody answered.

Now the waiting game and the anxiety continues. Could the November 29th call been her Golden Call? Its been nearly 8 weeks since her Final Interview and she waits with anticipation, anxiety, hope and fear!

We've followed this forum since her Final Interview and have learned a lot and read a lot that gives further hope, with a few examples or rejection even after several months of waiting. Her Emirates account has remained "Under Review" from day one, never changing.

Waiting patiently. Wondering if there are any others on this board who attended the Amman, Jordan interview in October? Anybody?

Good luck to all of those who are preparing for an upcoming interview, those who are waiting for results, and to those who have received their Golden Call and are preparing to go to Dubai. For those who have received rejection emails or calls, if it is your dream, keep trying, you can do it!!!

Good luck to all!

Here's a review of the above dates:

10/7 Group interview in Amman, Jordan
10/9-10 Final Interview, about 20 applicants over two days
10/15 Friend sent additional information to concerning referees
11/2 Seven people that I know of received rejection emails
11/21 Friend emailed Emirates after 6 weeks and no results
11/29 Missed call on mobile from Dubai number (971-)
12/1 Friend called (971-) number, left message with Emirates
????? - Waiting (fingers crossed)