PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft without a loss of oil pressure procedure
Old 1st Dec 2010, 20:54
aerobat77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@sns3guppy: please show me ONE video or explanation where a singleshaft turboprop continues to run in feather.

since here you have a rigid mechnanical connection between the core engine and the prop via gearbox feathering the prop will stop the whole engine. thats why in a singleshaft the feather position is linked to a fuel stop and on a splitshaft it is not.

maybe kengineer 130 can comment the possibility to keep the t56 ( also singleshaft design) runnig when the prop is feathered...

i a splitshaft you can do it, no question.

in the meantime ... be careful with claming other people lacking in turboprop operation fundamentals when you say such nonsense ( tpe331 is not a singleshaft, running it in feather is possible...)

i truly hope that some other garrett drivers can come in to comment...

beta range... uff c,mon, let it be... its the range betwenn flight idle and ground idle but above reverse. the only range which is not governor controlled and you have a direct control of blade pitch with the power lever. reverse is like alpha range governor controlled again...

some claim it indeed the range all below flight idle, but, thats not fully true.

now i know you never operated one.

ok... back to props...

"The PT6-20/27/28 types...loss of engine oil quantity, the propeller will feather.
I know, because, I've had it happen twice on BE99 aircraft.
On successive nights.
"

seems logical to me , the pt6a has no pitch locks , but then you loose any thrust from the propeller ( you may have an enourmous torque indication due to the resistance when the core tries to drive the feathered prop)

did you shut?