PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PERTH: It's All Going To Happen...
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 20:40
pilotdude09

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GA Trojan, Yeah I agree with Melbourne, bit of a shambles but Sydney has improved a heap in the last few years, the International terminal has come a long way from what it was.

what 2 of them? you should get a job in airports seeing as you are such an expert...
That was a dig at XR.......

whats your solution?
Well not charge the residents who actually live here to park or at least offer a reduced rate or residents card or something to that effect or offer 2 weeks free parking if you display or have a residents card....plenty of ideas out there! I was at the airport the other day and company vehicles out numbered normal vehicles by far and no one can deny that they are the reason that everyone is now going to be charged because certain companies were known to be parking at the airport to save on storage costs on vehicles. Here's a good story.....Rio had a vehicle parked there for 9 months that got forgotten about, know one knew it was there until someone seen the dust building up over the months and found out it had been there for 9 months.

There's a lot of angry people up here, we pay horrific rates ($900 more than my other house in Perth) and cost of living is horrendous, anyone with a 100k+ job it's no worries but what about the very people that keep this town running? Great building them accommodation in town but they still get screwed over in another way. To be honest I can't remember what the parking rates were but I know the bloke in the paper last week reckoned it's cheaper to drive and park in Hedland for a 2 week trip!

There's plenty of solutions, but it's whether the shire is prepared to do anything for the very people who live in this town.

Also hope they are putting somewhere for trolley returns in the next stage! must of been 20 trolleys in the carpark.