PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 20:00
brianoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamie, where did you see that article about Air India? This is the most recent that I could find:

Aer Lingus rule out zero fares in future | Irish Examiner

But there's no confirmation from the Indian media there but I am aware that Declan Collier & co. had agreed to operate some of the facilities in the airport in New Delhi which may set the ball rolling.

If it does come off, it would be interesting to see what aircraft they'll operate the flights with. Can't see their A310's being a runner.

I know we've had this discussion before, but when you think back to the April ash cloud and how Etihad were able to use B777's to get to Abu Dhabi from DUB, would the 747-400's or 777-200's that Air India have be able to get to India and the US in one go from DUB?

We're all aware that either fuel, cargo or passengers have to be sacrificed for these aircraft to do their magic from DUB so bearing in mind the above and the fact that Air France & Singapore Airlines operate B747 cargo planes to DUB, does anyone know could Air India put enough juice in their current planes to attain the above or is the Gulf the furthest you would get?

On a different note, looks like Cyprus Airlines will be operating the flights to Larnaca this coming summer along with Thomson - could this be the start of something more permanent as they were on the DAA's hitlist recently?