PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2009/10 season
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 17:49
darkroomsource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Potential!
Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised either way, I've heard that some years in the past there's been as many as 60. And with all the talk here about it, and the circumstances, economy, etc., I can see where there might be more this year than last.

I'm not too worried about how many people are there right now, I'm still planning on getting there the end of January. However, I have dreamed of flying in Africa for longer than some of you have been alive, I think (first started thinking about it in 1981), been preparing for it since I got my PPL in 1991, but life happens, kids, work, etc. etc. etc. Finally the kids are all out of the house, and I am able to follow my dream. (Like any of you actually really want to hear this - but I'm leading up to something, so stick with me)

So for me, this is an adventure that will be the culmination of many years of reading, thinking, and dreaming. And if I get a job flying, well, all the better.

Meanwhile, for the rest of you, I think you should seriously consider whether or not you want to commit to the money, and the time, and the hard work that will be required to do this before you come down and reduce my chances (I couldn't find a "tongue-in-cheek" smiley)

See you there!

PS. don't forget your cans of hairspray.
And apparently you might want to bring a machete for the black mambas in the toilets.