PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Air and EZ Jet Looking!!
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2002, 08:16
Hap Hazard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soggy, very surprised to hear that Easy would be expecting you to pay for your type rating, Ryan Air....well expect anything from them which is another reason why personally, and I do say personally, I would never want to work for that lot, so before you all jump on my back we are all entitled to our opinions.
Easy jet come across as a very good quality airline, but I am going off the tracks a bit.
Canada Goose, quite agree, this type of job offer, (if it is true) stinks, but the sad thing is there are many out there who will pay up and play into the employers hands, believe me 20k on 30k per year still takes some paying back, but when you are trying to get a foot in the door anything seems attractive.
I believe Virgin Blue make you pay for the type rating as well, however they pay you back over a period for the rating, someone from down under will be able to confirm this?
At least they are remotely fair about it.
I do hope for all our sakes that there is an upturn in the market, however to be blunt all those wannabes really do need to be very shrewed when taking the plunge, especially with the timing.
You can only go for so long throwing good money after good money into a very big hole.
We always hear of the guy/girl who got an interview or job, but we hear less of the poor sods who have been looking in some cases for years........