PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 16:47
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
His Lordship will have to make a descision based upon all the evidence available.
He will indeed. I believe this may very well be the last opportunity the relatives of Flt Lts Tapper and Cook will have, to see their perceived sense of injustice addressed.

For that reason I hope he comes down firmly on one side or the other. Either the pilots have been rightly found guilty, according to the required standard of proof, or this was effectively a miscarriage of (military) justice.

Of course I hope he goes further, and agrees with a number of his eminent colleagues in the judiciary who have already reviewed this case. As well as senior politicians of all persuasions. They have effectively declared that, on the basis of the absence of 'hard' evidence, it is impossible to say with any certainty, what caused this tragic accident.

Once that principle has been established, I shall be absolutely delighted for you, cazatou, john purdey, old uncle tom cobley and all (from your neck of the woods?) to hold whatever opinion you wish. Knowing it is only that: Your opinion.

Until that time, all I can do is to 'encourage' people to stick to the 'facts', and appreciate their severe limitations. I owe at least that to my dearest friend!

Enough?

Thank you.

Let right be done.

Last edited by Tandemrotor; 1st Dec 2010 at 17:04.