PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PERTH: It's All Going To Happen...
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 12:14
pilotdude09

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C'mon guys this is WA!!!

Can't expect a decent solution, 5 years ago the mining boom started really ramping up and instead of fixing the problem they have allowed it to get to what it is today....a joke!

Qantas was forced to spend money, the improvements were good but they are only good for now, no forethought was included. Lets build for today's needs and it's exactly what WAC is doing, building for today not 10 years time.

I work for a mining company and after out little 'pep talk' today the industry isn't slowing down for the next 20 years.

In terms of Terminal WA? WTF??? I don't understand that logic maybe skippers, alliance, network etc could go there for all the middle of nowhere mines, towns and charters but XR? Wheres all their A320's going to go?

The international, XR, QF and DJ should all be integrated into the one terminal and lets face it WA should realistically have a world class airport but no we have a bunch of morons building a farce of an airport that isn't making it any better and infact will make it more difficult for FIFO and Domestic and International transfers and a hell of a lot more confusing.

The original plan when old mate Alan Carpenter was in government and was to have one big combined operation and the existing domestic was to be turned into freight.........but guess things have changed in those 3 years. That was when WAC and Qantas were pretty much forced into promising/doing something due to the congestion and outcry by the public.

Makes me angry that WAC and the WA Government had a great opportunity to provide WA with a great world class airport.......Perth will remain a bottle neck and poor cousin to every other airport including Adelaide

Bit off topic but a classic example of WA airports is Karratha........lets put all 800k passengers though the airport that was built for 90's passenger numbers which were under 100k......finally upgrading to something that is at least usable but not acceptable for 5+ years down the track (whole raft of issues, I wont start! ) But we got our nice new shiny long runway Now they are charging residents to bloody park in the carpark because all the companys leave their cars there for weeks on end and take all the parking up and it's going to be just expensive if not worst than Perth airport No bus link, play the lotto as to whether a $50 o/w taxi will show up or take the $25 o/w shuttle to the airport 10km away from town if they aren't booked by all the fifo guys!

Rant over (sorry bout the off topic bit but makes me wild)..........WA and airports don't work well together!

Rail link? with a Liberal government you will never see any such thing to Perth Airport and now with the new joke i mean Airport, you'd have to have a even longer bit of track one for QF and one for the rest, makes it even less viable.

Ahhhhh time for a nice cold beer me thinks!