PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 12:10
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caz:

Put the shovel down...

I first travelled on a Chinook in about 1981. I then encountered them as a Rock on numerous occasions on almost all the training areas in the UK and northern Germany. I have heard them approaching and receding on the rolling hills of SPTA, the flat areas of STANTA and in the mountains/large hills of north Yorkshire, Otterburn etc. I then lived on the same station as 7 Squadron for 3 years and operated alongside them as a Puma crewman all over the UK and northern Germany including the mountains around Gairlochhead for example. All in all I spent nearly ten years in constant and close contact with them in almost every environment northern Europe has to offer. I'm sure you saw one at some random airshow...

My point: Simple. Your devious attempt to change your statements regarding the evidence given by Mr. Ellacott falls flat on it's face when you claim that he would not have heard it until it was 1000' feet away because, clearly, you are unfamiliar with the noise signature of a Chinook. Your credibility took a nosedive when you tried that little stunt. It only digs itself deeper as you flounder around claiming the cliffs would mute and absorb the sound.

You have cast aspersions in respect of the evidence of Mr Ellacott
No Caz. I have caught you trying to reinterpret the evidence he gave in order to try to defend your position when it was pointed out you were wrong. At least have the courage to admit it...