PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA threat to operation of N Reg Aircraft
Old 1st Dec 2010, 11:50
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robin

This is the BIG Cancer in our society the BIG STATE.
Create millions of Government /state jobs who research and regulate and regulate and research and who all get paid to do just that.

What industry needs is DE REGULATION but this runs contrary to what all these QUANGOS and departments do which is examine with a microscope every detail of our lives to see if they can regulate on it.

How are all these NON productive jobs paid for? taxation or by charging the end user or targets of the various regulations for the service (Big Joke)

Look at the massive monster we have created in the UK and resistance to cutting any of the Quangos, groups, sub groups research groups study groups etc.

All paid a fortune to sit in coffee and wine bars or expensive restaurants all with fancy and important job titles discussing next weeks possible agenda.

De regulation is what the industry needs and going back to basics which should be to regulate on known safety holes in aviation not to regulate for regulations sake.For that reason I dont see the future of GA in Europe as being a healthy one.
No wonder N reg is so attractive.

EASA could have done what most markets do by putting something in place which was even more attractive than N reg and the whole problem would vapourise away.
But that would be totally against their self interests and their own livelyhoods.

To my good friend Mad Jock

Why should a person domicle and resident in one country be able to opt out of the local laws and regulations, using I might add a constructed system to bypass its ownership laws in another country of choice?

But to be honest the above question overrides the other issues for me.
You may have an arguement about opting out but with more than 30 years of N reg in Europe the practice has to be well established in its own right?

In most areas of at least UK law "accepted and established practice over a considerable time has legal rights on its own merit so hardly opting out but more NOT WANTING TO OPT IN We were around a long time before the EU !

Frankly who would blame us. Unless of course you have Masochistic tendencies, loads of free time and a huge bank balance of money you dont need to pay for it all!

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 1st Dec 2010 at 12:35.