PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Training and Relationships
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 10:57
JCBeadle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SkyHighSonar,

Like yourself, I rarely post of this forum, and like quite a lot of people on this forum, want to be an airline pilot to.

I am in a similar situation to you, I am in a long term relationship, and want to start training and get it under way. The only difference is I never went to Uni, so be mindful of what student debts etc you may have to pay off before, during or after your training.

I don't know what sort of training you are looking into, but if you are worried about your relationship, money, future job prospects etc, I would definately recommend Modular training, as this will be more flexible for all your requirements. I'm certainly going to go throught the modular route myself.

AIMHIGH123 has given some valuable advice, if your serious about this career, get a class 1 Medical before investing any money on training. you don't want to be spending money on training and find out later that you are unfit to fly. Once you have this, the world is at your feet.

I will say exactly the same as what everyone else has sai on this subject, make sure your partner is happy with this, and discuss any issues as soon as they arise, better to prevent issues before they come up.

Good luck with whatever you decide