PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I love the recession!
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 10:07
FL999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Though his post could have been a little more 'diplomatic', recession does have a point. I tried going the easy route couple of years back and circumstances being what they were at the time I came to a brutal stop and had to go back home after spending 6 months in a flying school in a foreign country. I was fresh out of high school and was certain I could get my parents to take a loan and repay it afterwards when id get that job flying shiny jets. Its been a couple of years since that didnt happen and im now working in a 'normal' office earning a decent salary from 0800 to 1700 Mon-Fri. Trust me when I say (as well as the other more mature guys here) that you know nothing of life when you're fresh out of high school still living at your parents'. I thought I knew everything back then but how wrong I was. couple of years in the working world pushing papers and dealing with all sorts of persons and situations and slowly you start to see the bigger picture. If you really love flying (and indeed surviving), go get some degree or diploma in a different field, work for a while ,save those bucks and slowly build your flying experience but never give up. oh and did I mention I cant do that because even though I have a decent salary more than half of it goes into repaying the loan i took to go abroad, study for 6 months and abort. I dont even have a PPL. so dont do the same mistake.

Im gonna be honest though I have no intention of sitting behind a desk pushing papers and staring at a laptop screen all day for the rest of my life. I havent given up on flying just yet. its just going to take more time because of my mistakes.