PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how do you log all this stuff?
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2002, 00:11
mattpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do you log all this stuff?

I'm curious. I've been looking at the job discriptions of various carriers, and they all have different requirements.

For example, one carrier wants to know how much time you spent in aircraft with more than 20k lbs. Another one just wants to know how many you have in large aircraft (12.5k lbs). Then someone else wants to know how many hours you have in Long Haul operations and how many in Short Haul. Btw, what exactly is the difference, i mean by definition, between those too? There are numerous other examples - and every airline has its own standard. So, i'm curious - does one make 50 columns in his logbook (i wonder what the biggest logbook out there is ), or does he recalculate his hours individually for each airline to meet its needs?

I'm not at that point *yet*, but i only have one empty column in my rather small logbook left (started with 2) - i'm just curious on how you guys manage that and what are the real essential things that i should log, besides the obvious stuff the FAA wants me to log?

thanks