PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopters and Superyachts
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2010, 19:37
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
M.Y. Lady Moura

YBB: HB-ZMS was previously VP-BIR, an S76B, and was the helicopter tender to MY Lady Moura owned by Saudi businessman Nasser Al-Rashid.

However, she was replaced last year by an S76C++ which, as with all Al-Rashid's aircraft (including his Gulfstream fleet), is on the Bermudan register - in this case VP-CYS.

There are only a handful of yachts with dedicated S76 tenders. Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen's MY Octopus (already discussed on this thread) is one of them and Al-Rashid's Lady Moura (named after his first wife) is another. Another contender for the S76-class tender would be the MY Dubai but, we shall save that story for a future post!

The Lady Moura is approx. 350ft in length, cost in excess of USD 200m and maintains a compliment of 60 full-time crew. She was constructed by the German shipyard Blohm+Voss but her styling (both interior and exterior) was the work of renown Italian maritime architect Luigi Sturchio.

Some of the more well know features of the Lady M is that the vessel's name (appearing at the stern as well as on both facias) is made out of solid gold, she has a retractable roof section and a 59ft dining table designed by the British Viscount Lindley.

The MY Lady Moura with her former Yopter S76B VP-BIR on board

Lady M equipped with her current Yopter S76C++ VP-CYS. Sorry JimL, non-standard helideck markings (again)

Nasser Al-Rashid's S76C++ dedicated helicopter tender for the largest of his yachts the Lady Moura. The aircraft wears the owners initials on its tailfin and yes, JimBall, is painted in colours which match the ship

The Lady M follows a fairly well-established routine of cruising the Côte d'Azur in summer (with Monaco as her home port) and the regions surrounding Palma de Mallorca during the winter months. While she is based at Port Hercule Monaco she can't actually fit in the port but must use the quay normally reserved for cruise liners

Last edited by Savoia; 23rd Jul 2011 at 06:42.