PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 30th Nov 2010, 16:14
Ella2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to expatinaction

I am sorry to make you so irritated (thatīs what I feel from your writing).

When I wrote about the tickets, I meant it in general. Each airline has its own rules about IDs and ZED agreements with other airlines.

It sometimes happens that the airport at the destination charge you no tax when you fly ID00 (or they just count some taxes and some not). I donīt remeber a lot things in my life (my mom could tell you :-D), but i do remeber that YUL ticket was for free. I had it recalculated twice and I was allowed to enter Canada border so it could happen.

And then the horror stories about space available seats and not getting in the plane and being stucked for a week or two in a destination? Well...
You can frighten all the newbies. But my experience is different. Some people can use it and some just say itīs risky and they stay home. In the last 5 years I have had an opportunity to fly and I have flown a lot. Some times I made more personal flights than my duty flight in one month. What you need is just a preparation and a back-up plan. In the whole 5 years I was refused to board only once (FRA-ORD) and about BKK, I was there at least 10 times and I was well prepared and always got on the flight I was planning to. What to say more: I am always lucky.

QR rules. My close friend was about to join, so I could see all the papers and restrictions. Then my batchmate from my former airline is currently with them. And he is very "bad" boy when regarding QR crazy rules and he is able to handle it.
I trust you and I trust all the stories about QR. But on the other hand I want to fly again, desperately. I am prepared to sacrifice all life to QR if they choose me what I doubt. Now you must be saying: Crazy girl!!! But I do love planes and I am flying addict.

Ella