PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HRH Flt Lt Wales
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2010, 15:57
Old-Duffer

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Thank You...

... Tankertrashnav, I'm obliged to you for the spelling.

As to Blacksheep's comments; whilst I take the point that the PoW's wife might be an issue, I think the longer time passes, the 'Diana Factor' lessens. I also understand that de facto and de jure, when Charles becomes King, his wife becomes Queen and it would take another of, the much mentioned above, acts of parliament to change the status from Queen to Queen Consort. In any event what does Queen Consort mean? In the case of the Duke of Edinburgh's status, there was never an issue and he takes his precedence behind the Queen and has and never has had, any right of accession.

Whatever title is given to Camilla, other than Queen, it will only be a sop to the great unwashed who hanker back to Princess Diana. It is interesting to see an apparently warm relationship between the Princes William and Harry and their step-mother and I suspect any sort of statement from them to say that she should and will be their father's Queen will smack any debate firmly on the head. I also think that we could find our present monarch making some comment on the matter and it is also worth noting that the Duchess of Cornwall takes a full part in the discharge of royal duties both with her husband and in her own right.

O-D (pontificating over for today!!)