PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Groundschool provider in Scotland? All gone?
Old 30th Nov 2010, 13:46
blue.sky.pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL Groundschool provider in Scotland? All gone?

Hello guys, I was hoping someone could help. I'm new to Pprune, so please be gentle, but I can't find the information I am looking for elsewhere.

I have recently moved back to Scotland after my job took me down south for a few years (I am now in Dunblane, just to the north of Stirling.) It has always been my intention to gain my fATPL, and I already have my PPL and a significant number of hours. Work commitments have finally eased to the extent that I can now dedicate some time to the ATPL Groundschool. When I stayed in Scotland before, the Glasgow College of Nautical Studies was the sole provider of ATPL Groundschool in the country, but I understand that this is no longer running?

So I was really just looking to see what the options are? I have read much about Bristol Groundschool, but I think I'd prefer to do a fulltime classroom-based course if possible (not sure I have enough discipline for distance learning!) Having said that, I understand that some of the distance learning providers have excellent notes and are terrifically well organised with study plans etc.

Thanks in advance, and any help at all would be appreciated.

Alastair.