PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumplestiltskin and 24/8/1989
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2002, 22:29
elektra

Rumplestiltskin and 24/8/1989

Must have had a dud glass of red last night after a longs days aviating around the tropics. So the dreams were unusually wierd.....

I dreamt that I was Rumplestilskin and I had just woken up after a 13 year sleep. The last thing I remember from 1989 was a series of newspaper ads and headlines screaming proudly that Australia's domestic aviation sector was being rebuilt to a shining new better than ever standard and that without the AFAP all would be well for ever and ever. Then in my sleepy state after 13 years rest I went out to Tulla and looked around. IPEC, Eastwest and Australian were nowhere to be seen and all the Ansett jets were silent with engine covers on. And I thought to myself..."what happened?".

Well....what did happen. Did they lie to us? Was the industry NOT rebuilt by the Prime Minister? Surely they didn't screw up such a great plan that badly?

Oh well, it was just a dream. Australia seems so far away and by the time I get home it might all have changed again. Hope so...the industry had such potential.

Back to sleep now.