PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2010, 04:47
Craic Ore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, this is just dragging on and on.

Guys, I can see both sides of the arguement. I'm with EK and would love more access to home. But I think the way the UAE govt handled this is childish and silly. Same goes for the Canadian govt. I do however have one question that seems to have remained unanswered.

Why is it that MANY MANY carriers have access to Canada and there seems to be a massive block put in for EK? I mean, does Turkish for example have many restrictions? Does AC fly to Istanbul or Ankara? And now Turkish is flying in daily to Toronto? Please explain how that can be? And no one is lobbying against them, are they? Hmmmmmm, please tell me it's not because they are Star Alliance, right?

Listen, we all know what a big piece of the puzzle is. It's protection of AC and apparent protection of jobs in Canada. Hey, I'm ALL for jobs in Canada, but it's very obvious AC will never change without being forced to change. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

One more thing. Why such a fear over EK? It could be limited to daily YYZ, YYC, YVR. And how much revenue would that impact at AC? 0.5%? 0.3%? If EK is that big of a threat for such a small market share, there's bigger things to worry about than us. Wouldn't you agree? Just trying to be logical here.

CO