PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 uncontained #2 engine failure
Old 29th Nov 2010, 21:18
bearfoil

barit1

At the front of the I/Shaft I locate two thrust bearings running in two channels of the I/Shaft. They belong to the Shaft, not the Turbine, but they serve as impingements for forward mechanical energy. I am merely following the path of return of thrust to the engine/pylon.

I think the Fan is not pulling so much on its shaft, as it is pulling on the LPT, which is being pushed by the IPT, which is pushing forward on its shaft, which is thrusting on the I/Shafts Thrust bearings, pushing the a/c forward. The translation of the Fan's thrust follows back to its final anchor, the Bearings in the center of the Engine?

The fog lifts, and in San Francisco, that is rare. Thank you for your patience. I see the "cavity" in the space between IPT and LPT as a large sphere of extremely energetic gases. These gases exhaust through the LPT, spinning the fan, and also expand against the IPT I merely was trying to "see" the path of thrust back to its "origin", the ultimate fixed point that sends the thrust to the Pylon/a/c. That includes a vector through "Gas", Turbine, and bearings. I think I am seeing it at a very basic level, so good place for me to start. Thanks again.

bear

Last edited by bearfoil; 29th Nov 2010 at 21:48.