PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2010, 18:51
Dolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, irishmanc, a the previous posters have already stated, it's certainly not your age that is holding you back from becoming cabin crew.

From the easjet career website:
Our age criteria ranges from 18 - 65 so if you meet our minimum requirements, you fit within this age bracket and you have all the qualities we are looking for, you will be considered for an available position with us.
Do your research instead of assuming!

Instead I would have a good look at your performance on the assessment days and at what stage yo have been rejected. Until you say differently, I will assume you made it through to the interview as you wrote that you received a rejection email. Which would mean that your interview skills have let you down. This is something that can be practiced so not the end of the world. The hardest bit is to make it to the interview which you successfully achieved.

easyjet is very clear about the competencies they are looking for, and they even tell you during the assessment day if I remember it correctly. It's all common sense stuff anyway eg safety, teamwork, presentation/uniform standards, working under pressure, etc

Just think about all the competencies they are looking for (even send them an polite email and ask them to remind you, can't hurt!!!) and think of examples when you displayed these skills. Think of two or three example for each. And otherwise follow general interview standards (e.g. wear a suit, smile, make eye contact...). You can find lots of online advise including on the easyjet career website!!! Again, do your research! Being well prepared will help you on the day!

Also, and that will sound harsh, stop moaning and take control of your own life. Nobody can make you do anything or anything you don't want to do in this day and age and the country we live in. That includes your friends and family. If you are letting yourself being bullied, that's your problem. Don't let them. If this has always been your dream, don't give up. If it's not happening, do something else. But nothing good is ever going to happen to you if you don't stop blaming everybody else for your problems.
By the way, with 40 you are not even to old to become a pilot if that's what you really want (Once more, do your research, don't just assume!!!). The only person stopping yourself is you! Stop blaming the world and get on with it!!!

Sorry, just my opinion, of course I don't know you or your circumstances, I'm only reacting to your post and my interpretation of it so I may have it all wrong. Either way, don't let anything or anyone stop you from reapplying because there is no reason for it. You will find a lot of crew who started well over 40 and you will find a lot of crew had to reapply several times before it worked out for them.

Good luck with reapplying in 6 month time. Use the time wisely!