PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2010, 18:35
bearfoil

I am lost when it comes to currents and winds affecting the bodies. I am not even sure if the indexing of each victim is by date found, or some extrapolation. It does seem to me that the first body found would be closest to the wreck, and all current analysis must start the "backcasting" there, on that spot? Whatever distance separated the victims at water entry was simply expanded, and as Slat11 has said, a funnel shape should point to the impact point. That is the simplest and most direct process, imo.

The pollution spot, with its "forks" seems to be explained best (HN39?) in that the point may be impact, and as the fuel sank with the wreckage, it floated in an ever increasing fan up to the surface. The impact loss of fuel would have started drifting right away, and the sinking fuel would have remained somewhat "localized?" If the HS and Tail Tank drifted in another direction, but provided fuel for the upward flow, would not the bulk of the surface fuel be closest to the impact point? (The bottom of the inverted "V", left). This is simplistic, naturally.

I want to continue to remind us that a very large body of evidence has not been made public. The families, to include the Brazilians, have 'partnered' with the BEA now. I don't know how the French do it, but without subpoena, or pending Court action, an American group might be told to "Just Wait for The Final Report!!"

With the Families in the 'group investigating', and BEA's seeming unwillingness to make public their plans, one suspects that BEA were......"encouraged". Court records in the US are almost always "Of Record", "Open".

bear