PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIDs & MSAs ... Geneva in particular (split from Descent thread)
Old 23rd Aug 2002, 19:18
Guy D'ageradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(copied from original thread)

BOAC,

Ref the Scandis - simply a comment that they always arrive very hot and very high - I actually meant to say Vadar - which is around 35nm final for 23 (only used for arrivals from Zurich direction) but always seem to get it down. Of course, we won't bring "stabilised approach" into it!!!

Ref: the SIDS, you're absolutely correct, "Right turn after passing PAS but not before 7000ft QNH to intercept....." pretty much the same off 05 - the thing is that again, the only company that regularly refuses to turn before 80 is BA (RJ's only, in my experience). It's not really a complaint, more a comment on an apparrent difference in SOPs.

Thanks again for the replies - you really should try to get back to this part of the world now and agin - the Guinness is not bad at all !!

[B] False Capture [B]

Thanks for the info. I suspect that you are correct regarding the reason for the "requirement" to pass Fl80 before turning as being off the designated track - from memory, most of the incidents that I can recall involved such slow climbers. However, I have also had the same thing in reverse - crews refusing to descend below FL80 until south of the Jura (usually when we're on 23). Again, not a problem if we know in advance but it can certainly throw a spanner into the sequence if we're busy. Can't remember if it has happened with other types but definitely with the RJ. Always flummoxed me because our minimum vectoring alt. is 7000ft.

Sorry about the delay to this post - been trying to post since last night but the damn thing keeps logging me off! Word of warning - if you use Zone Alarm Pro - shut it down before trying to post.