PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - At Last - A Voice of Reason
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2010, 11:16
Frank Burden

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Dearest Jabiman,

It is so hard to remain cranky with someone who argues one point and then changes the argument in the next breathe.

I suspect that you masquerade as an opportune poster on PPRuNe but you have strong allegiances to another acronym that starts with A and finishes with A because they wanted to copy AOPA but had to make a small change not to infringe their copyright.

You need to realise that GA rather than being a breeding ground for future high capacity airline pilots is fast becoming a swamp of under qualified and under educated but dedicated young and energetic Australians.

I have no argument with you that professional aviators should be remunerated appropriately. The Nov 5, 2010 QF32 pilots deserve much more that the Qantas CEO will get in the next decade. However, the reality is much different as like in World War 2 only the people with the power (the pilots then but now the CEOs and CFOs) get the gongs.

With regard your views on airlines using the experience of the flight crew as a selling point, all I can say is that the supper in the old folks home of hot chocolate and SAO biscuits and cheese will be along shortly.

Rest peacefully my dear man and don't give any thought to the fact that you are yesterday's man.

But I must say once again, Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.