PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL tail strike
Thread: DHL tail strike
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2010, 04:56
ALI BABACA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to agree with Jimmi in parts!
When the aircraft arrived bahrain the mechanic found the tail strike and called the captain to show him the damage.
The BIG GUY tried to scare the mechanic saying " Are you saying to me i did this tail strike?
After a lot of bla bla the BIG GUY called the technical director,his buddy as well,always drinking and playing golf together to do "something" about this tail strike.
His buddy just called the mechanics and the order was "just replace" the tail cartridge,no inspection is required,due lack of man power,no airplanes and bla bla bla.
You can check on the TLB and the maint TRAX system you can not find anything,but i can tell you! the CRACK is there,you can not see by naked eyes but only by an inspection called NDT.
The NDT manager tried to put the aircraft in the hangar to do the inspection but the buddy didn't allowed and i don't know what's happen after that but the NDT manager resigned.
The funny part was the Mister expert chief flight engineer asking every single mechanic how to do an inspection.The best answer was "Mister expert are you FAA A&P right? Please throw away your license and stay away from the maintenance department,just do what have you been paying for "FLICKING SWITCHES"