PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish TMA, TMZ?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2010, 21:43
bad bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rolaaand, good to chat here and exchange views. I seen to remember that there are rules for class "D" airspace. IFR separated from IFR and something about traffic info on VFR and something about avoiding heading on request? Now there is duty of care too, but., class "D" is just that.. class "D". Imaging you are on duty and I call from over head Carlisle,in a 15m glider, squaking 7000 and request transit through the TALLA overhead routing 15nm west of Edinburgh not above FL85 towards Stirling. Assuming a south west wind, would you give me a clearance? feel free to pm me rather than thread drift

I would love to see P18 made a permanent airway and P600 realigned so that both Portmoak and Aboyne can have access to the airspace they want, and traffic can use the airways without restriction.
on the basis of the above quote we could be best drinking buddies. The BGA have been begging for this to be done for years and been knocked back every time.

Many more calls can be expected requesting entry to the TMA next year but mainly from the new club at Edensoaring (Penrith, or MARGO to our controller friends)

bb