PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - At Last - A Voice of Reason
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2010, 21:40
Frank Burden

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Jabiman,

I really do enjoy a rational debate. Unfortunately, some people believe emotion is 'FACT' and it is difficult to have a satisfying discussion. Unfortunately, you fall into this category.

Let us just examine one point that flight hours and safety are inextricably linked. I refer you to the NTSB Report on the Colgan Air accident at Buffalo on Feb 12, 2009. This is the link:

[URL="http://ntsb.gov/Publictn/2010/AAR1001.pdf"]

The Captain had 3,379 hours and the copilot 2,244 hours. Given that accidents are not caused by any single factor (although the actual accident may have occurred as a result of the last defence having been breached), I wonder if the accident would have not occurred if the Captain had 5,000+ hours given that this is your attainment point for a safe pilot.

I found it interesting that you attached the attainment point of 5,000 hours with what could be a marketable asset for pilots. I would also like to include ATPL test scores, recency, night landings, emergencies already handled efficiently, skin colour, sperm count (if applicable), bra size (if applicable), etc to ensure that I am getting value for money. After that we will tell the customers the experience and annual performance of the bag tossers.

I believe it inappropriate that I use the word simplistic twice in 24 hours but then again .... if the shoe fits.

Ducky, you are making Franky so cranky.