PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - indian nationals on fata
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2010, 19:26
airjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr whoa lot of bitterness going down here lol

here is the bottom line, KFA is desperatly looking for qualified ex-pats, Indigo also, and spice jet. what the mod is saying is exactly correct, instead of creating malice and bitterness the local media and pilots should inform the youngsters the quagmire they are heading into,--- like most of the indian carriers charge (can you believe) 18/20 lakks (about 38,000usd) just to hire them, they make them sign checks and as they work them off they tear them up, i have friends in KFA that would love to leave but they can`t get noc`s and they owe to much money. plus the myriad of utterly ridiculous procedures and laws that just make things confusing and difficult for not only young pilots but ex-pats, and even local qualified people.
examples;--
medicals only done by air force docs
difficult ALTP exams and no study material.
ridiculous questions in the indian air law exam (what is the incubation time for the TB germ/virius) yeah rite
no unions so company mostly does as it pleases
etc etc
also the DGCA is so disorganised even he doesn`t know which duty time limitations are in force, and those duty times are extreme 30 hours a week block to block=120 hours a month (28 days) thats a hard job in any country.
no wonder the guy in mangalore was tired.

my 4 years there was made enjoyable by the people i met, but the corruption is a REAL problem.

I always got my E-visas from the embassy in Texas(thru passport plus) but once i needed a 2 week extension, even though i went with the Deccan HR guy and since neither one of us knew who or if to bribe it took ALL DAY until they were about to close and the idiots behind the counter realised that nothing was forth coming did he stamp it which took exactly 2 mins