PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Licence Exemptions beyond April 2012
Old 28th Nov 2010, 15:12
Chris Griffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately I believe all questions relating to the EASA implementation in Apr 2012 and QSPs will be ironed out closer to the time. Resolution of these issues relies solely on reps from the mil liaising with the CAA in order to make cases for the retention of accreditation and currency schemes. I don't, however, see any appetite or willingness from those in the know to staffing or putting the legwork in with the CAA to secure what is required. I personally think that the time is now close that every ME pilot will require a licence of some sort; either an ATPL as industry standard or a "special" mil licence in order to conduct worldwide ops.

Everyone is acutely aware, however, that as soon as airlines start recruiting non type rated pilots, the floodgates will well and truly open and as a result there is no burning desire to smooth the path anymore. If I subscribed to conspiracy theories it would appear to be rather convenient that ELC support to complete the ATPL has been (temporarily) removed.

Rather a sad state of affairs IMHO in that all the experience will go on dying fleets. No flight safety issues there then.