PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - At Last - A Voice of Reason
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2010, 12:00
PLovett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
FACT: Pilots entering through the cadet scheme may have a better introduction into airline flying than pilots with more hours which were gained in an activity that is irrelevant to the airline environment.

WRONG
Not only is this incorrect but it goes to the heart of the argument of those that are trying to undermine the industry and reminds me Joseph Goebbels who famously said “A lie repeated a thousand times becomes the truth.”
Jabiman, when talking to a QANTAS C & T pilot, I asked him why QANTAS had lower experience levels for entry than other airlines in Australia. He replied that QANTAS wanted to get them before they had developed too many bad habits from GA as it was very expensive to fix.

Further more, a pilot going through the GA route is much more likely to be dedicated to the career and not just treating it as a job. Those who come through the short cadet scheme are much less likely to be doing it through a passion and love of flying and therefore are less likely to ever learn true airmanship.
A very massive assumption and if bushy ever reads it I am sure he will tell you in no uncertain terms what he thinks of pilots using GA only as a stepping stone to airlines.