PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NORWICH
Thread: NORWICH
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2010, 11:44
niknak
niknak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did you want or expect me to say?

I'll put you right on one thing though; The "9 managers" were, until the previous MD came along, "Shift Leaders" in various departments. Each one of them ran individual shifts in 3 departments, (one am, one pm and one on rest days), so now it should be a bit clearer as to why there were 9 of them.
Their redundandcies are a big loss in terms of skill base and knowledge, it will take a long time before anyone is able to do the individual jobs as well as each of them did.

They were only made "Managers" because that is the way the previous MD wanted to run the business.
Their job tiltles changed and job functions included many more responsibilities for which many of them, when they were asked for help/training, were given the O'Leary treatment.
I know this because, unkown to senior management, I often helped them out with procedure formulation and writing - I'm not claiming to be the Messiah, it's just that I knew how to do it so I could pass on the benefits of my knowledge and I was very happy to do so.

I've made no secret of my opinion as to the way the airport treated G/A and the way things have been done, but they are where they are and, as I've previously said, the new MD has a much more progressive approach as to the way things done.
Aside from the redundancies, I think he's on the right track.
The current owners need to either significantly reduce or write off the airport company debt, its the only the airport will be able to get out the perpetual rut it finds itself in.

There's not much more I can say, other than your lack of actual knowledge of current operatons and people at Norwich Airport makes you look a bit daft everytime you spout forth about something which hasn't happened for ages or has never happened at all.
I leave on Friday, but I'm someone will be delighted to give you a guided tour.

I am sure that there'll be plenty of airfields in Asia you can give the world your considered opinon upon. I look forward to reading all about it when you get back.