PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatari Incident
Thread: Qatari Incident
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2002, 15:42
A300Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MT Qatar, Mafibacon and 4HP,

Just flew back DXB-DOH on QR's A7-ADA.........there is a little piece of thread that is hanging down from the central red cover of the lifejacket pouch between seats 2A and 2C. This thread has been hanging for some time............only joking.......only joking......

Regarding my observations on QRs aircraft, the reason is entirely as explained by MTQ above.

Anyway, down to the real business. I note Mafibacons comments regarding the high utilisation of aircraft and the affect that a minor incident has on the operation of the schedule.

But, surely there must be a need to re-think the sensibilities of this. Logically, as the route network expands and aircraft are to be found further and further away from base at any given moment in time, the need for back-up arises should something go wrong.

Does QR have such a built in contingency just now or plans to introduce one?

Every single day of the week, a QR A300 or A320 sits idle on the ramp of Dubai International Airport between 14:00hrs and 19:00hrs. This occurs solely at the convenience of the schedules, whereby it does not make operational sense to operate additional flights in between. But 5 hours on ground ex-base is a hell of a waste of resource when it is being suggested that there is very little flexibility in the schedule. Whats the point of having the ac on ground in DXB? I suppose it is close enough to Doha though should it require ferrying back at short notice.