PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yes I'm a pilot.... but can't find flying work..
Old 28th Nov 2010, 10:38
SVoa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is so much negativety on this forum. I really do understand and feel for people who have so many hours and cant find jobs. However!! I know SOOOOOO many people who have a steady career, a wife, and numerous kids, and one morning wake up, quite their job, get a massive loan to do their pilot training, and then cant find a job and piss and moan on here all day long that their lives are messed up!! These people, im sorry but I do NOT feel sorry for. Its everyones decision what they do with their lives and their money. But do not sit here all day long pissing and moaning about how the aviation industry is so messed up, because you took a leap of faith and it went bad. I personally know many guys and gals who have recently found jobs without paying to fly. Yes, type rating they had to pay, and some just got bonded by the airline.

In aviation today the fitest survive, and the fitest are those who have contacts, and who have a life status where they can afford to wait it out without getting locked up in jail because they owe so much money!!! (Im not saying you guys who have posted above are the ones who fit what I am stating in this post) But common, im sure we all know people who have made this stupid decision when the stakes are alot higher (wife, kids bla bla....)

Its not as bad as it seems, there are airlines hiring today..

SVoa