PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2010, 09:38
iRaven

Received 40 Likes on 10 Posts
Bannock

That's just the point - it ain't "fu£$ing paid for". The savings generated from this SDSR option are circa £2.3Bn over 10 years, I know, I've seen the figures (and a whole host more!). Now when it comes to contract cancellation, just remind me how many MRA4 have been delivered on time and "of merchantable quality" that meets today's airworthiness requirements - I would offer "Zip".

I don't have a "downer" on MPA, per se, but I do have a downer on a company that consistently fails to deliver on its promises - I hope that MRA4 is the straw that breaks the camel's back. I have risked my neck in aircraft from the company for many years, and quite frankly it just isn't good enough. I do believe we need MPA, but not at the uber expensive prices that surround this program that was doomed from the start. I know if you listen to the whippet chasers in the company you'll hear "you can't get owt for nowt", but at circa £500m per copy I'd want a gold plated bog on the aircraft for that!

£2.3Bn over 10 years, that's a lot of Policemen, Nurses and Teachers - go figure... If you don't believe me what a dire position we are in then read the recently released "Tough Choices" paper : http://www.ipsos-mori.com/DownloadPu...ember-2010.pdf

To quote Woody Harrelson "It's time to nut up or shut up"!

My opinion is that if anyone should do any rotting, then they are the ones that have either lined their pockets in the North West or are probably long-retired acquisition civil-serpents that were bought off (or were just plain incompetent).

iRaven