PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS Instrument hours requirement
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2002, 14:20
Ice Vanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centy

To me, your post, reflects your somewhat limited knowledge of recruitment into the General Aviation World.

I would suggest that the RFDS (and their record seems to prove it) have a pretty good recruitment policy and in applying their policy have probably injured less and saved more than any of the several branches of aviation that you have been involved..

Your post exhibits a level of arrogance that I ,who lives, and HAS lived my career in the GA World, find annoying and somewhat patronizing.

I guesss I am saying that it does get up my nose when those whose career is strictly non G.A. world; ie X RAAF, X Airline Pilot, X Airline Simulator Trainer, (lots of X's eh!!) try to tell us on PPRuNE how we should do it. (And as far as I'm conceerned later life instructing out of Major Centres is not really GA).

Paranoid I may be, but your post also seems to push a barrow for your recently out of work Airline Mates. Just what we need................HOPEFULLY NOT AGAIN!!!

As a footnote and to really get it of my chest I make the observation that many Airline pilots who find a newborn interest in G.A. are generally from two camps, those that are too old and forced into retirment or those from failed airlines who consider G.A. marginally better than the dole queue.

Where do you fit???