PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TYPE RATINGS : Why sooooo much ????
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2010, 20:46
southernskyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackhawk777,

I've done some research in the past about obtaining a type rating on the 737Ng and you got to be really careful with your money, becuse it usually costs more.

I think after the ground school, most of the organisations offer up to 12 hours on a fixed base simulator.
What you really got to look at, is how many hours of full motion flight simulation is being offered.
I recall that RJFlight academy in dubai/europe, are quoting around 32 hours full motion simulator, which is 4 times eight hour sessions.

Don't forget that any total hours and price quoted, is based on 2 people doing the course and paying the same amount of money.

I think the American organisations quote a much lower price, but it's usually based on 24 hours full motion.

If you got no turbine and multi crew experience or haven't done a type rating previously, then it could cost you thousands more to pass the final sim test.
You also got to include airfare and accomodation costs for up to a 4 week stay.

A full motion flight simulator costs around $1000 an hour for training.

You also have to look at the fact, that where ever you choose to do your sim training in the world, you got to really look closely at what are the other requirements, you will have to meet, in order for your CAA to recognise the training you did.

Example: In Australia, a person can do all their type training in a simulator without doing any aircraft time,
to get their type rating in their license.
JAA license holders have to do some aircraft circuit time after the sim training.