PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2010, 20:06
irishmanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cant apply again for 6 months - gutted

On top of recieving a rejection email from both Easyjet & BA (cant apply again for 12 months for BA at LGW) I cant apply to EJ for 6 Months, after which time I will be too old to become cabin crew

This is a very sad realisation for me and a very big deal as not only was I bullied out of staying in retail & not allowed by my family to become a pilot when I was younger in Ireland (I live in Manchester) I'm 40 & this has hit me very, hard, having already been pressured by people in my present and previous retail employers, friends, family and everyone else around me who tried to talk me out of it - perhaps I do not have the emotional stability or resilence required to become cabin crew, which was me lowering my sights from becoming a pilot (because I was too old) and now the same has happened again, so now I cant even do this

I've applied to both my old retail employer and my present retail employer for a job in/transfer to Ireland & am moving back to my family there (in accordance with thier wishes & instructions) because it is not meant for me to become cabin crew and anyway, I suspect that certain information passed between them, my family and the airlines had (and has/will always have) the effect of preventing me from leaving retail, where I have always been bullied and put down by other people all my life, where I have no choice but to allow this behaviour

Sadly this is the reality of life, that it is not my destiny to become cabin crew and in giving up on my dream & in letting go of it, that I can do so with some sort of diginity - I am totally gutted