PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2010, 19:49
Fafner shim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Much respect to the history lesson guys but when I read stuff like below, I want to rip the throat out of someone. Enough is enough, how low are we going to stoop? As a matelot it shames me to think that if I was to ground my sub off Skye, I can rely on the French to assist when only 100 metres from my own shore.

As the Nimrod MRA4 maritime surveillance aircraft has been painfully scrapped under the Strategic Defense Review, numerous observers suggest that the British MoD may have passed a deal with France to share this capability. Indeed, French weekly Air & Cosmos suggests this week that Atlantique 2 ASW aircraft might return patrolling Scottish seas around Faslane…. British Defence Forum Think Defence says: One of the reasons we decided to get rid was because we could rely on our allies. In the news today were details of France’s ambitious plans to update and expand its own maritime capabilities. So it looks increasingly likely that we are outsourcing maritime patrol to the French(Think Defence, Aviation Week)

A new low in the RAFs brief history ?

Last edited by Fafner shim; 27th Nov 2010 at 20:21.