PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pension Trap
Thread: Pension Trap
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2010, 18:46
Herc-u-lease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you don't like the 'BS' then stop stealing rations, man-up and Foxtrot Oscar. It's people like you that undermine morale. I 'manned-up' and walked. Crack-on!!!
And when you join the services, they wax lyrical about the benefits of being in the RAF/Army/Navy. Those benefits would not be there unless there was a downside to being in. There comes a point when, as lunchbox legend pointed out, the balance is tipped one way over another. When the banalities of service life become too annoying to want to stay and the benefits are no longer worth the downsides, then is the right time to leave - my potential benefits are still the fat kid on the seesaw. Everybody has their tipping point and you decided you needed to "man-up" and venture into the real world some time ago - good on you! (and be assured I'll be following shortly).

It appears money wasn't a consideration for you when you left but, to make myself feel better about stealing rations and undermining morale while I wait to collect the pension I've bloody well worked for, I've just asked the JPAC if I can work for free but they said no.