PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Pilot after being Dispatcher
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2010, 18:09
no sig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's easy to generalise about wanna-be-pilots and ops and DOG makes a very valid point. You certainly don't want to hire somebody who's simply set to use ops/dispatch as an entry to a company to get a flying career and isn't going to focus on his job in ops, I've seen that to. On the other hand, people who have completed their ATPL studies bring the right level of technical knowledge into the department and in my experience, have proved to be excellent ops people. In absence of other well qualified and experienced operations people available as candidates, my rule of thumb has been, if they are low hours and I know I'll get two years or so of a wanna-be-pilot in ops/dispatch then I'll hire them, if not then I won't. But, if there are other well qualified and experienced ops candidates, then I would hire them first. Your airline expects you to hire the right people for the job, most qualified, with the best level of experience; they must be able to do the job and most importantly, fit in with the rest of the team.

Last edited by no sig; 27th Nov 2010 at 18:20.