PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TYPE RATINGS : Why sooooo much ????
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2010, 06:47
blackhawk777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TYPE RATINGS : Why sooooo much ????

I have been trying to get the details from different TRTO's about the 737NG Type Rating and am actually very confused with the figures I've come across....

TRTO............................................Cost........ ..................Remarks

CAE.............................................$34000...... .........80hrs GT, 48hrs FFS
Cockpit 4u....................................$29000...............7 2hrs GT, 44hrs FFS
RJ Flight Academy..........................$28000...............56hrs GT, 41hrs FFS
K & S...........................................$17000.......... .....80hrs GT, 36hrs FFS
Kontakt Pro....................................$21300............... 80hrs GT, 46hrs FFS
High Power....................................$15000............. ...80hrs GT, 50hrs FFS
Boeing Training(Alteon)....................$14000...............XXh rs GT, 41hrs FFS

I hope you see the difference in the training costs !!!!!!!
I understand there can be a difference in training standards.... But i don't understand that it makes the school charge almost double the amount.

I guess the most famous schools which we come across online are the first three... Is tht the reason !!!!

Would really like to know why soooo much cost difference.... The Ground Training and Sim hrs given are almost the same....

The most surprising thing is the Boeing Training (ALTEON) charges half the amount.... and i don't think the training standards will be less....

Plese share your views... !!!!

(Also... How does it matter what training school you choose ?? Since you would be trained by a curriculum setup by BOEING... how does it matter... everyone is gonna follow the same curriculum)